Exhibition and Development Program presented by Contact Sheet & ARTANDBUSINESS
A unique exhibition and business development opportunity
for artists and creatives
Are you looking to take your art practice to the next level?
This exhibition and business development program will provide the opportunity for you to be developed by our mentors through a unique business and art program into a curated group exhibition.
For eight consecutive sessions held each Saturday you will work through our program with our mentors and curator with the final outcome a 3 week managed exhibition at Working Dog Gallery in St Leonards alongside artists working in various mediums.
The exhibition will be managed by our Gallery and Studio Manager under the direction and support of Director, Paul McDonald, and our guest mentors and consultants.
This program is not for the faint hearted. You must be committed to building a sustainable practice and be prepared to put in the hard yards, working with your peers and mentors, to achieve your goals.
8 consecutive sessions, Saturday 11am - 2pm
- Review of your work and curation of the exhibition.
- New works can be created and or developed during the 8 week program.
- Social media strategy for the build up and during the exhibition period.
- Revenue streams, budgeting and pricing yourself.
- Pricing advice and group financial feedback sessions with Dale Hollingsworth, Director, ARTANDBUSINESS
- Other opportunities, Public Art and grants.
- Presentation of your work and self, including your webpage.
- Installation of your exhibition, room notes and artist statement
- Artist talks, events and workshop opportunities managed in consultation with your gallery manager.
- Feedback on your work by an external guest.
Sessions are delivered face to face in St Leonards. If you are unable to attend a session you can join online.
Program Dates and Fees
The first session will commence on late July / early August 2023, 11am - 2pm and we will meet every Saturday for 8 consecutive weeks. Sessions will be conducted by Paul McDonald (Gallery Director) with Nikita Byrnes (Gallery Manager).
We will have guest presenters and reviewers and this will include Dale Hollingsworth, Director ARTANDBUSINESS. Our guest speakers have backgrounds and expertise in Public Art, Grant Writing, curation for exhibitions and festivals and book publishing.
Please register your details HERE and we will contact you with further information.
Please note all applications will be assessed and only artists committed to creating a sustainable practice will be selected. There are limited spaces available and not all applications will be accepted. Program fees will apply.