Artist in Residence Program presented by Contact Sheet & ARTANDBUSINESS
A unique business focused artist residency program for creatives of all practices.
Are you ready to commit to your practice?
Are you looking to take your art practice to the next level?
Work with a selected group of curated artists with our creative and business mentors.
An opportunity to sell your work to the public and start generating an income for your practice.
As a group manage your own exhibition gallery space open to the public.
This is not for the faint hearted or lazy, you must be a committed hard working artist who wants the opportunity to be a sustainable artist to be accepted into this program.
The program will cover the following areas:
- A weekend intensive induction.
- A structured 12-week program with weekly group mentoring sessions.
- A total of 50 group mentoring hours with set one on one time.
- A dedicated workstation in a shared space accessable during
- Public facing Gallery and book store to display and sell your work curated in consultation with your mentors.
Areas and topics covered in the program:
- Your business plan
- Pricing your art work
- Budgeting, Tax, GST and Invoicing
- Presenting and Pitching yourself
- Marketing, webpage and social media
- Understanding the world of grants and other opportunities
- Public Art
- Understanding different audiences for your art work
- How to put together and display a body of work
- In conclusion of the program you will host a private event for VIP guests for a final presentation of your work and future plans.
The process and the details
In creative collaboration with