This six month mentoring program will teach you the steps to create a successful photography exhibition. The end result will be a group exhibition opening in 2019 at Contact Sheet under the guidance of your mentor Sandy Edwards.
This course will give you a deeper understanding of the process of preparing for an exhibition and of the art world. At the completion of the program you will have a deeper understanding of the process of preparing for a public exhibition and how to talk to gallery and industry professionals.
Areas to be covered during the program,
- Editing and selecting works
- The importance of the fine art print
- Working and selecting a printer
- Digital or analogue, art paper or photographic paper
- Preparing files
- Archival printing
- Handling of prints
- Framing the print to enhance your work
- Designing your exhibition for a space
- Curation. What is curation?
- Understanding the art world of galleries, networks and promotion
- The importance of publicity and appropriate self promotion
- Creating an Artist Statement and a Press Release
- Pricing and editioning of your work
- The significance of an opening event
- Networking, mailing list, social media
The course will run for 6 months, meeting once a month, Sundays 11am - 3:30pm including half hour lunch break.
Fees include a one week exhibition at Contact Sheet in late March 2019
First 3 sessions: September 9th, October 7th, November 11th
Final 3 sessions (Dec, Jan and Feb) TBA with the group in session 1
Total cost for the program including snacks and a wine at the end of the day: $950.00 Incl. GST
Please note we offer payment plans for all programs over the value of $500.00. Contact one of our team at email@example.com for information on plans.